Baked Butternut Squash
Calorie: 172, Proteins: 14 g, Total Fat: 8 g, Fiber: 3 g.
1. Place the cottage cheese in a strainer placed over a bowl, and allow to drain for around 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grate the butternut squash, and then transfer to a bowl. Add the salt and mix. Leave squash and salt in the bowl for about 20 minutes.
3. Using a towel, drain extra water from the squash until dry.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Using non-stick cooking spray, spray a 2 quart oven safe baking dish.
6. Place MarDona Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium sized pan on medium heat.
7. Add the chopped onion, and cook until soft, or about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Add the minced garlic, and keep on heat for about 30 seconds, then remove pan.
9. In a bowl, beat the 4 Organic Valley Organic Large Eggs.
10. Add and mix the 2 cups of cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, squash, onion, and garlic to the bowl.
11. Add the salt as desired, and place into the oven safe baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
12. In preheated oven, bake for about 45 minutes, until slightly brown on top.
13. Allow to cool about 5 to 10 minutes.
14. Serve, and enjoy!