Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Spice Soup
Calorie: 84, Total Fat: 4 g, Carbs: 12 g, Fiber: 3 g, Proteins: 3 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 785 mg.
1. Place chopped pumpkin in a large pot, add 1 teaspoon of salt, and enough water to cover the pumpkin.
2. Bring to a boil until pumpkin in tender, or about 15 minutes.
3. Drain the water, let cool slightly, and mash the pumpkin.
4. In another large pot, melt the 2 Tablespoons Organic Valley Organic Cultured Unsalted Butter over medium-high heat.
5. Add the 3 bay leaves, 2 cups of chopped onion, another teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper to the melted butter.
6. Cook and stir frequently until onions and soft, or about 10 minutes.
7. Add the 4 cups of water, 8 cups of Pacific Natural Foods Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and the mashed pumpkin to the pot and stir.
8. Bring entire mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
9. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground all spice, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg to the soup and stir.
10. Remove the bay leaves, serve and enjoy!